- We started a page in our notebooks to collect our favorite words and/or phrases.
- We considered why the English language is so complicated and then watched Elliot Engel's lecture "A Light History of the English Language" to determine possible answers.
- We discussed how we will review words from the English language, as well as how we will be assessed on our ability to use these words. The first quiz won't be until next Friday, September 12th.
- We continued to read our books, noting our progress, and working toward our goal for the week.
- I shared Mary Oliver's "The Journey" with you before reviewing the "What's Your Story?" project.
- Keep reading! Remember that you are working to meet the page goal you set for yourself by next Monday (9/8). You should be reading for at least two hours outside of class each week.
- Start thinking about who your audience will be for the "What's Your Story?" project.