- We began our day with Marge Piercey's "To Be of Use."
- After reading, we used Google News to see how this week's "-ten-" words are being used in the news (and in context). We created our own "Sentence of the Week."
- We reviewed the sample essays "Spy" and "My Wacky Imagination" and examined whether or not we could determine the writer's values,
- We "chose our own adventure" in order to move from draft one to draft two: A) Add to your story. Keep "dumping it out"; B) Find a "golden nugget" (something in your story that works really well) and add details to it; C) TELL your story to a trusted companion while s/he takes notes. Work together to create an outline.
- Continue to work on your first draft. Be ready to workshop a second draft this Friday.
- If you are planning to enroll in honors, be prepared to attend this Friday's meeting.
- Keep reading! Be ready to meet (or exceed) your page goal this Monday.
- Check out the upcoming college visits on Naviance (Family Connection).