- We started the day with Joe Limer's "Education."
- We reviewed the roots/words and sentence of the week.
- We discussed various ways to rhyme and added at least one of these rhymes to our own poem.
- We discussed how to deliver our poems. We practiced delivering Gwendolyn Brooks' "We Real Cool" to various genres of music. Try delivering your own poem to various kinds of music to experiment with different rhythms.
- We practiced marking "Mary Had a Little Lamb," indicating when to pause and when to emphasize a word. As with the musical accompaniment, the varied deliveries affected the tone of the poem.
- You each printed a copy of your first 8-12 lines for yourself and for the members of your trio/quartet. This evening, you should mark the first lines of your OWN poem, indicating pauses and words you will emphasize. You should do this for your peers' poems, as well.