- We began our day with Rives' "Op-Talk" and then began looking for authors that "speak our language."
- I shared a bit about my reading background. I loved reading as a child--and I still do--but my tastes have developed. This semester, I hope you (re?)discover the joy you found in reading and also challenge yourself to grow as a reader. We will be working to find books we love and books that challenge us. We will be working to build our reading stamina by reading for at least two hours a week outside of class each week and tracking the number of pages we read per week. Keep in mind that most college students are expected to read between 200-500 pages per week.
- I reviewed how you will track your progress at the midpoint and final week of the semester.
- I gave you several resources to find a good book. These can be found under the "Reading" section of this course website.
- We started choosing our books! I'm thrilled that many of you walked away with at least one prospective first book!
FOR TUESDAY, 9/2:
- Bring in your book!
- Please ask your families to read over the course overview and complete the last page by TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2nd. Here are the English and Spanish versions.