- We began our day with Langston Hughes' "A Dream Deferred" and examined how this Nike ad put a positive spin on that last line: "Or does it explode?"
- We reviewed this week's roots (-corp- & -anim-) and words.
- We reviewed the sentence of the week.
- Before going back to our drafts, we created an outline (from memory) of our story. Then, we looked at our drafts for anything that didn't align with this outline. This is a great way to start slicing out unnecessary information.
- We reviewed the feedback we received from our peers on Friday and dug into our next draft. If we felt "done," we looked for these items.
- We will have another workshop tomorrow during the second half of class. Come in with a NEW draft so that you can receive quality feedback from your peers. You will have time to print your essay during class tomorrow.
- Read! Work to meet your page goal for the week.