- We discussed "A Light History of the English Language". In our notebooks, we recorded three things we learned, one thing we found interesting/striking, and one question we had.
- We reviewed this week's (week #11) vocabulary words.
- We began a new piece of the Turning the Tassel Project: the resume and LinkedIn profile.
- First, we reviewed what we know about the resume and LinkedIn profiles. We listed the qualities of an exemplary resume and LinkedIn profile in our notebooks.
- Next, we read through pages 5-6, skimmed through pages 7-25, and read pages 33-39 of the packet I handed out. We also reviewed the sample LinkedIn profiles. As we read, we added the qualities of the resume and LinkedIn profile to this Venn Diagram. If you did not finish, you should complete this for homework!
- Read pages 5-6 ("Writing the Resume that Shouts 'Hire Me'"); skim through 7-12 (Colgate Resume Tips); skim through 13-25 (Sample Resumes); read pages 33-39 ("Eight Reasons High School Students Should Be On LinkedIn" & "Why Every College Student Should Post on LinkedIn); reviewed these LinkedIn profiles (Example #1; Example #2; Example #3).
- Complete the Venn Diagram you received in class, noting the qualities of an exemplary resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Determine your audience for your resume (prospective mentor, employer, scholarship committees, etc.)
- Determine the categories/headings that are appropriate for your resume.