- We started our day with Shane Koyczan's "Remember How We Forgot."
- While you were reading, I reminded you of your page goal for Tuesday.
- I (finally) reviewed the syllabus. Please return a signed copy to me by Friday, the 11th.
- We reviewed the options for each honors course. Here is a link to Pam's site, and here is a link to mine. You may enroll in EITHER course. My first meeting will be held on Thursday at lunch. Pam's first meeting will be held on Friday at lunch. You must sign up by Friday, the 11th.
- We enrolled in Google Classroom and submitted our drafts. (You should have an invite in your HTH Gmail.) We also printed a copy to leave with Stephanie for the weekend.
- The morning class continued to consider how to structure each essay. We developed a sentence to give our essay a focus and then discussed how we could use common elements of story (a la Spiderman) to structure our essays. We will continue this on Tuesday.
- Keep working on your essays! Don't feel like you have to wait for my feedback. Feel free to email me over the weekend with questions. Let me know if you would like to book a time after school to have a one-on-one review session.
- Read your books! Meet your page goal by Monday.
- If you are considering signing up for my honors course, be sure to read "How to Mark a Book," "Every Trip is a Quest," (pp. 6-8) and "The Allegory of the Cave" before Thursday's meeting. If you are considering Pam's course, be sure to read the documents linked to her site before Friday.