- We had a mini-lesson on wordiness and repetition, helping one student to make his opening paragraph more concise.
- We had a quiz on the vocabulary and sentences of the week.
- After the quiz, we selected one paragraph in one of our essays to work on. Eliminate wordiness and repetition from this paragraph and highlight in green.
- An actor from the Old Globe led a workshop on The Last Goodbye.
- Read and complete the exercises on pages 5-8 in the "Essay Revisions" packet.
- Revise ALL THREE essays for wordiness, repetition and passive voice. Bring in a printed copy on Tuesday. Email BEFORE 7AM on Tuesday if you would like for me to print these for you.
- Remember to bring in your permission slip for The Last Goodbye. (English version/Spanish version)