- We reviewed this week's grammar and vocabulary.
- We read and discussed (through a graffiti discussion) the articles "How to Teach Your Child to Argue" and the the chapter "An Agreeable Country" from Thank You for Arguing by Jay Heinrichs (Entry #23).
- We reviewed the various purposes of argument and discussed how to set up a classical argument.
- We began reviewing one another's ideas for our argument topic (Periods 1&3) (Periods 4&5) and prepared to compose our one-minute spoken proposal concerning our topic of choice, using the classical method. Here is my (rough) example.
- Think about which topic would be valuable to explore through argument.
- Keep reading your second book!
- If you are enrolled in honors, please be prepared to discuss on Friday.