- I shared the poem "To Be of Use."
- We swapped notebooks and shared what we were planning to write about in our snapshots with a partner while s/he took notes.
- We established some writing norms.
- We watched this timelapse video , in which a writer composes a 1000-word essay.
- We wrote our drafts. At the end of class, we turned in a hard copy of our narratives and shared a copy on a Google Doc with Stephanie. You may continue to work on it tonight and bring in a new copy tomorrow (printed BEFORE class starts).
- I passed out a practice Sentence of the Week quiz to the morning class. Please complete this before tomorrow's class. Our quiz will be this Tuesday, September 3rd.
- You may work on it tonight and bring in a new copy tomorrow (printed BEFORE class starts).
- I will also collect your signed copies of the course overview BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 30.