It was a pleasure to meet you, seniors! Today, we discussed how writing can be explored in terms of content and craft.
- We warmed up by identifying these speakers by what they shared (content) and how they stated it (craft).
- I shared a letter with you, and you examined my content and craft.
- We each wrote a little about ourselves, using this as a guideline.
- I distributed notebooks, along with these guidelines.
- We read "Raised by Women" and listened to a recording of the poet. We brainstormed some of the things that we were raised by and began composing our own "Raised by..." poems.
- I distributed a questionnaire for you to complete that should help both us develop your goals for this course.
- I distributed information about the course (for you and your families to sign and return BY Friday).