- We had a book talk on Into Thin Air.
- We reviewed this week's Latin roots and vocabulary words (Entry #17). Keep working on last week's words and root. This Friday's quiz will include five of the twelve words we have covered.
- We began to "Pimp My Write" (Entry #18) using the RADaR. Click here to read about the different the difference we noted between "Deep" and "Surface" revisions.
- We broke down "Mistake to Last a Lifetime," "Do Not Be a Damned Liar," noting the point of each piece, as well as how the author connected each snapshot together to make the piece flow.
- We each took one of the following pieces: "The Voice," "Flags of Our Sons," "Like a Person," "Midnight Strikes," and "The Boy With the John Travolta Eyes" and noted the point and structure of each.
- We reviewed this week's "Sentence of the Week."(Entry #19).
- Read through your draft. In your notebook, record the point and the current structure of your narrative (as we did with the pieces in class. Tomorrow, we will work to rearrange your draft, noting how to improve the flow.