- We started reading today! We spent ten minutes reading our books.
- Afterwards, we wrote about (Entry #5) some norms that we'd like to establish for ourselves and for the class.
- We read this review on Goodreads and noted the qualities that made it an exemplary review.
- We wrote (Entry #6) about our favorite holidays/traditions and recalled as many sensory details about that experience as possible. This enabled some of us to discover our snapshot moments. For others, we noted the importance of including sensory details in our snapshots.
- We swapped notebooks and shared what we were planning to write about in our snapshots with a partner while s/he took notes (Entry #7).
- We practiced our grammar and took a practice quiz to prepare for tomorrow's first quizzipoo.
- We began writing our snapshots! We did our best to dump all of our ideas onto the page, writing in ten minute bursts. When we were stuck, we simply started writing, "I remember..."
- We reviewed the "moves" to steal in "On Fire" and "Rats." As we move from our first draft to the next, we might incorporate some of these moves.